Your Solution for Collision Repair Since 1955 – Now With Locations in Dallas and Plano
Been in an accident recently? Whether it was a fender bender or a more serious accident, you need professionals skilled in collision repair to get your car looking like new. Take your vehicle to Hance’s Uptown Collision Center for peace of mind. Our mechanics have vast expertise in anything from auto body repair and detailing to painting and collision repair in Dallas. Not only are we I-Car certified technicians, we have an A+ rating on the BBB and get high rankings on Yelp for quality customer service and proven results. Why not schedule an appointment today?
Whether small dents or large ones, we can address your particular situation. Being in business so long has put us at the top in terms of skill and reputation. Here’s a look at our process. We aim for your 100 percent satisfaction, as we value our many repeat customers!
Getting in an accident can be traumatizing, especially if serious injury was involved. However, one part of the aftermath that shouldn’t be a hassle is the repair process. Drop your car off with us and we’ll take care of everything. Check out our six-step collision repair process:
1. Vehicle Drop-Off
Upon dropping your vehicle off at our garage, you will fill out the drop-off agreement form complete with contact information and insurance company information. Now, we can begin work on your vehicle. We can even hook you up with a rental car for a seamless transition. In general, small repairs take between three and five days while a larger job could take up to a month. We will let you know how long it will be as part of our estimate process.
2. Vehicle Check-In
During this step, we will verify your car’s VIN, mileage, and license plate number, followed by a detailed video recording of your vehicle to document the damage. We also take note of pre-existing dents, dings, and scratches.
3. Damage Assessment
We load all the information into our management software. Our techs will review the insurance company estimate and assess the damage. Rest assured, we do all we can to replace parts in an economically feasible manner. We take into account the amount your insurance company has agreed to pay as well as a “supplement” of needs. Our goal is to get your car repaired on budget and in a timely manner.
4. Body and Collision Repair
After we have an agreed price with the insurance company and all items and concerns addressed, the “heavy lifting and repairs” are in full swing. Parts fitment and structural “artistry” is time-consuming and requires great attention to detail. Our goal is to be done as quickly as possible, but it takes time to do it right and do as designed by the car manufacturer. We follow their OEM procedures and utilize the latest technology to accomplish our task.
5. Paint Refinishing
Most vehicles will spend about two days getting painted and refinished for moderate jobs and just a half day for small jobs. Our painter has 35 years of experience who considers painting cars an art. As such, he takes the time to get the job done right.
This is when our technicians ensure all components fit back together again and are working at optimal operational efficiency.
7. Quality Control and Clean-Up
After all repairs, painting and reassembly have been completed, your car heads to our quality control department where our techs will review the car, test its functionality and take it out for a test drive if needed. We’ll make any minor adjustments necessary, then give you a call to come pick up the vehicle.
How to Find a Reputable Auto Repair Center
Finding an auto repair center you can trust isn’t easy. It takes some research and digging to unearth the best in the bunch. Here are some things to be on the lookout for:
- Find a shop for your make and model of car: Many garages specialize in particular makes and model, which is what you should look for. They work on those types of cars all day long and know the individual nuances of the auto bodies. Plus, they are more likely to possess the latest training and equipment to fix it.
- Ask your family and friends: Seeking recommendations from family and friends who have a vehicle similar to yours is important. Where do they go? Whom do they trust with collision repair in the Dallas or Plano areas? Why do they like their particular shop? Are the prices affordable? Are the technicians friendly and skilled?
- Search online: Check out all the social platforms and watchdog sites like the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Consumer Reports and Angie’s List to see who’s recommended in your area. Read up on all reviews, but take them with a grain of salt. Every mechanic will have a negative review here and there. What you’re looking for is a pattern of positives. The BBB is an important one to start with. Did you know auto repair shops rank 12th on its list of common complaints? Check out www.bbb.org for ratings and information on shops you are considering.
- Check for certification: The collision repair shop you choose should be certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, or ASE. Here at Hance’s, we are an I-Car and ASE certified garage.
- Give the shop a try: Before you have to commit to a big repair, like auto body repair, try out some local shops with smaller maintenance issues or repairs, like oil and filter changes. This way, you can get a taste of how they operate.
- Ask about warranties: Find out what kinds of guarantees the shop provides on repair work. Remember, warranties can vary greatly by shop, so ask ahead of time using a common repair as your guide.
- Consider location: Even the best auto repair shop in the world won’t work for you if its hours don’t gel with your schedule or you have limited options after dropping off the car. Make sure the location is convenient to your home or work.
If you put the time in to research collision repair centers, you will settle on the best one for your needs.
Why Choose Hance’s Uptown Collision Center?
We encourage you to do your research first to see which qualities you should look for when searching around for a reputable auto body shop. Edmunds says asking key questions about warranties and new parts vs. aftermarket parts is important. Find out how long the shop has been in the same location and pay attention to word of mouth from previous customers.
There are many reasons to choose Hance’s Uptown Collision Center for quality collision repair in Dallas. Here are a few of them:
- Lifetime Warranty on Workmanship and Materials
- Valet Service for Scheduled Repairs (Includes Pickup and Delivery up to 3 mi.)
- A+ BBB rating
- Convenient hours of operation
- Serving all of Dallas County with shops in Dallas and Plano
- Family owned & operated since 1955
- Competitive prices
Punctuated by honesty, integrity and fairness in all we do, Hance’s gives you the peace of mind you need when selecting a mechanic to handle one of your biggest investments: your car.
Get in Touch at 214-214-4720 – Collision Repair near me
For fast, quality collision repair in Dallas or Plano contact us for affordable rates and prompt service. We do it all: collision repair, painting, color matching, refurbishing, window replacement and detailing. Check out our money-saving coupons!